Vegan Cheesecake Recipe - Pumpkin with Ginger Bottom
For Thanksgiving weekend, I wanted to make something special. I hadn't ever made a cheesecake before so I thought I'd try it out. I wondered about the crust for a long time before deciding to make it a ginger cookie which turned out great. I was nervous making this for a special dinner and the amount of question marks I wrote on the first draft recipe also put me a little on edge. In the end, the cakes turned out.
Vegan Cheesecake Recipe - Pumpkin with Ginger Crust
Makes 12 Mini Cheesecakes
(8 oz) pack of vegan cream cheese
½ cup, ¼ cup white sugar
1 t vanilla
½ cup silken tofu, blended in a food processor
1.5 t arrowroot powder, or cornstarch, sifted
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 t cinnamon
1 pinch cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- Prepare gingerbread cookies and place one into the bottom of a lined cupcake pan. (I also made smaller ginger cookies to put on the top.)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, ½ a cup of sugar, vanilla, silken tofu and arrowroot powder.
- Remove 1 ½ cup of the mixture and blend in the rest of the sugar, pumpkin and spices.
- Scoop 1 ½ TBSP (or 1 purple cookie scoop) into each cupcake liner and swirl with a knife (or chopstick ! :D)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
*I made 1.5 times this recipe and there was about ½ a batch left. I used a 6 inch springform cake pan lined with ginger cookies for the rest of the batter. I baked it for 55 minutes and let it sit in the fridge overnight. It came out very very good.