Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Loaf Recipe
I guess loaves and muffins are my new passion these days. Rocking out to ginger coconut muffins, carrot raisin loaves and a bunch of other things I've thought up (working on making/posting them). Today at work we made lemon poppyseed loaves...and I was inspired. This is my first time personally using agave and I'm pretty impressed. I used it in a few things at my previous job and the loaves we made today had it so I thought, "Why not?" and gave it a shot.
Oh, and also...I love jokes about food.
Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Muffin (or Loaf)
Makes 6 Loaves
½ cup soy or rice milk
juice from one lemon
1 ½ cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
½ tsp salt
½ cup canola oil
½ cup agave
zest from one lemon
- Grease a mini loaf pan and preheat the oven to 375F
- Combine milk and lemon juice in measuring cup and set aside
- Combine flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt in a large bowl
- Make a well in the middle and add the wet ingredients and lemon zest; mix until just combined
- Scoop into loaf pans using 2 scoops from a yellow NSF scoop (about ½ a cup each)
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack.